- Luther BUYS vehicles? Yes. In fact, in addition to being one of the nation’s leading used car SELLERS, we’re also one of the largest BUYERS. After your car has been appraised at one of our dealerships, you’ll receive a written offer. You are under NO obligation to accept the offer. And we’ll buy your vehicle even if you don’t buy one from us.
- Does Luther do online appraisals? No. In order to pay top dollar for your vehicle our appraiser needs to inspect, and test drive, your vehicle. This generally takes 30 minutes or less.
- How will you appraise my vehicle? That question is best answered in person, by the appraiser, because circumstances can vary so greatly. Our appraisers will thoroughly explain the factors considered when your offer is determined. The first step is to visit a Luther dealer and ask for a We Buy appraisal.
- How is a Luther We Buy appraisal different from most other dealer appraisals?A written Luther offer is valid whether you buy a car from us or not. That is not the case with most other dealerships. Their offers usually depend on you buying a vehicle from them as part of the process.
- What happens to the cars Luther buys? While it is true that Luther buys just about any car, we offer only about half of them to the public. Every car we buy goes through a comprehensive inspection because we won’t put our name on a vehicle unless we know it’s right. Most of the vehicles that don’t meet our standards are sold at auction to other dealers.
- Do I need an appointment? No, but for your convenience we will gladly accept appointments. Simply visit LutherAuto.com and click on the We Buy button, or call your nearest Luther dealer and ask to make a We Buy appointment. But appointments are not required. You can simply visit a Luther dealer during our normal hours. Appraisals generally take 30 minutes or less.
- Can I sell my leased car? In most instances, you can sell your leased car in almost the same way you’d sell any other financed car. We’ll appraise the vehicle, contact the leasing company for a payoff quote and process any equity you might have.
- What if I owe more on my car than it’s worth? When your payoff amount is more than the market value of your vehicle, the difference is called “negative equity.” In some cases, that negative equity can be included in your financing if you buy a new vehicle from Luther. If not, we’ll calculate the difference between your payoff and the market value, and you can pay that amount. Your Luther dealer will process the payoff and handle all the paperwork.
- What if there is a lien on my vehicle? To pay off the lien, we will need a) your lien holder’s name and phone number, b) the name(s) on the account, and c) your account number and social security number. We will then contact your lien holder and obtain a 15-day payoff. If there is a previously paid-off lien listed on the title, you’ll need both the title AND the release from the lien holder before we can purchase your car.
- Can I sell a car on behalf of a company? Yes, but this is an entirely different set of circumstances. Please see a Luther Business Office Associate for details.
- What about the paperwork? Your Luther dealer takes care of all the paperwork.
- How will I be paid for my vehicle? After the sale is complete, Luther will issue a check made payable to the name(s) listed on the title.
Your car could be worth more than you think!
And we’ll buy it – even if you don’t buy from us. ALL makes and models, ALL price ranges! We’ll quote ANY vehicle, regardless of condition. If you accept, you’ll walk away with the cash. You’ll never find a simpler, safer way to sell your car.